My final step was to composite the raven into the scene. I tracked a camera through the 3D scene, and matched the camera in a separate 3DS Max file and tracked the raven in flight.
I rendered the ravens flight as a PNG sequence with a built-in Alpha channel, in After Effects I overlayed the raven track over the same track of the room.
I adjusted the trajectories of the ravens flight, as well as masked its flieght path so that it would appear to emerge from with inside the mirror, before continuing its flieght outside the open terrace.
The final stage was colour correcting the raven, and keyframing colour changes to match the lighting from within the scene.
This turned into a botched job, it wasn’t the most well executed part of the sequence.